Don’t want back or neck pains disturb you again? Read this!
1. What is fascia ?
Fascia is a connective tissue that runs through the body and coats the body tissue in the opposite position. The fascia is divided into a superficial fascia and a deep fascia. The most important influence on our skeletal muscle tension is the deep fascia. In fact, you have seen it already. Think about the thin white film between the skin and the meat when you used to eat chicken legs.
2. Why we need to relax fascia ?
This tissue of the fascia is easily attached to the muscles or internal organs. Prolonged maintenance of the same posture, continued action or injury, etc. may cause adhesions that affect the body’s function and even produce various pains and inflammations. It is not enough to stretch the muscles, and extra pressure is needed to stimulate the fascia to reduce adhesions. If we can relax the fascia at ordinary times, it will help to minimize adhesions; and consistently, it can help improve the condition of the body.
3. Your private therapist
A massage gun looks like a gun. It is an excellent tool to help recover after exercise, work using the pain gate theory, deceive the nervous system, thereby reducing pain. It can also be used for warm-up and activation before exercise to treat sports injuries. It uses high-frequency vibration at different frequencies to Help in relaxing muscle tightness and improving blood flow, restore and even enhance muscular functionality, decrease the occurrence of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness(DOMS).
Stretching and relaxing is a daily homework for all sports enthusiasts, and whether they go to the gym, muscle pains may affect your routine activities. However, for office workers, daily relaxation is very inconvenient, and it is notconvenient to bring a foam roller to work in the unit. Researchers have shown 7-8 hours of sleep is equal to 60 minutes of massage, so a wireless and portable fascia gun solves this problem well.
4. Who needs ?
Almost all kinds of people can use a massage gun, such as professional athletes, general sports enthusiasts, works, and people who have experienced muscle soreness. High-frequency vibration massage can help relieve muscle stiffness and pain, reduce fascial adhesions, make training more productive, and make life and work easier.
Most important point to choose a massage gun/fascia gun
whether the speed of the massage gun is as high as possible. The answer is, of course, no.
Muscles and fascia, as the soft tissue of the human body, have a guaranteed acceptance threshold for vibration stimulation. DELECLUSE and other scholars have shown that when the vibration frequency is 22~50Hz, that is when the rotation speed is 1100-3000 rpm, the frequency of nerve impulses is accelerated, the synchronization is enhanced, and the skeletal muscles resonate, which can stimulate the metabolism level of the body, improve athletic ability. If the frequency of vibration stimulation is too small, the effect on the human body is not clear; and the vibration stimulation above 60Hz (3600 rpm) will cause eyeball resonance, and the human body will have adverse reactions such as nervous system and endocrine system dysfunction.
So, it is recommended to use the second-high frequency vibration relaxation mode to reduce skeletal muscle motor fatigue. Besides, if the stimulation frequency is too large, more than 70HZ (4200 rpm) may cause muscle and fascia damage also to the hazards mentioned above, and there is no benefit to relaxation, but it may cause unnecessary suffering. Thus, the greatest speed of a professional massage gun will not exceed 3600 rpm. If you have a massage gun that claims to be more than 3600 rpm, be sure to buy and use it carefully.
7 notes about using a massage gun/fascia gun
1. DO NOT USE A MASSAGE GUN: All kinds of acute and chronic infectious diseases, acute high fever, acute osteomyelitis, tuberculous arthritis, acute abdomen, or contagious skin diseases; all kinds of skin ulcers, sores and ulcers, burns, and other acute phases. Severe diabetes or recently fracture or trauma site.
2. DO NOT USE A MASSAGE GUN: children under 10 years of age, older people or infirm people, or patients with severe cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
3. DO NOT USE A MASSAGE GUN: Patients with pacemakers, defibrillators, and peripherally inserted central venous catheters are not suitable for Massage Gun.
4. DO NOT USE A MASSAGE GUN: People have Hemorrhagic diseases such as thrombocytopenia.
5. USE A MASSAGE GUN WITH DOCTOR ’ S GUIDANCE: People have inflammatory/allergic reactions (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, fibromyalgia, local pain syndrome), cancer, excessive stress, and varicose veins.
6. USE A MASSAGE GUN WITH DOCTOR ’ S GUIDANCE: Female during breastfeeding.
7. PRINCIPLE: A fascia gun can act on muscles, fascia and other soft tissues, or local pain points, trigger points, starting and ending points and different local positions, but should avoid the head and face, cervical vertebrae and lumbar vertebrae and some soft tissue that less covered parts, such as knee position, ankle lateral position, dorsum of foot, dorsum of hand and so on. Avoid direct action on bone.