Cardiopulmonary endurance, muscle endurance, decreased muscle strength, muscle atrophy, and increased fat content caused by training stimuli are removed
Short-term suspension of training will not cause too much impact on performance. But after one or two months of suspension, retaliatory fitness is at risk.
First of all, it is easier to overlook the risk of cardiovascular disease after surprise exercise.
The American Academy of Sports Medicine has conducted statistics. Of the 136 sports-related deaths that identified the cause of death, 100 died of cardiovascular disease.
Those who did not participate in exercise for two months , that is, sedentary.
It were listed as risk factors for coronary artery disease. Along with genetic history, smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, blood sugar imbalance, obesity, and high age.
Secondly, after a few weeks of suspension, trainers are often accompanied by a high degree of self-drive. And the probability of sports injuries such as transverse muscle striation dissolution will increase accordingly.
In other words, this low fitness reserve and higher psychological expectations are mismatched. which is the main cause of sports injuries.
If training is not arranged in an orderly manner, there is a higher risk of movement.
Tudor Pompa, the author of “Serious Strength Training” and “Periodic Sports Training,” once said that trainers with a higher level of physical fitness would face more significant difficulties in stopping training and restarting than starting from zero.
When training is restarted, adding an adaptation period can effectively avoid risks. Perhaps it has a definite reference meaning for ordinary fitness enthusiasts.
It is easier to overlook the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The American Academy of Sports Medicine has conducted statistics. Of the 136 sports- related deaths that identified the cause of death, 100 died of cardiovascular disease
Although exercise has a preventive mechanism for coronary heart disease, for people who already have potential coronary heart disease, exercise may increase the risk of disease.
Coronary heart disease may be asymptomatic before onset.
But there are some identifiable risk factors that are linked to underlying coronary artery disease.
For example, the American Academy of Sports Medicine’s risk classification guidance. Who has not participated in sports in the past two months, is regarded as sedentary and is listed as a coronary with genetic history, smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, blood sugar imbalance, obesity, and high age. Arterial disease risk factor.
When the risk factor is equal to or more than two, it is a medium risk rating. And exercise with a metabolic equivalent greater than six should be avoided.
It is worth mentioning. The “two-month” risk assessment standard is more consistent with the length of the home during the epidemic period. Secondly, compared with the “muscle strength” that is more concerned, the impact of suspension training is more on joint stability. Immediately resuming the training plan has a higher risk of strain.
It is even said that after a few weeks of suspension, trainers are often accompanied by a high degree of self-drive. And the probability of sports injuries such as transverse muscle striation dissolution will increase accordingly
For example, in “Research on the Causes and Adjustments of Lost Psychology of Athletes,” published in 2001. Athletes often suffer from weak phenomena. Such as technical movement rhythm , sensitivity during competitions and loss of self-control during physiological processes—psychological disorders. To some extent, enthusiasts of fitness and muscle hypertrophy training often cannot bear the weight and intensity of training. After two months of suspension, and correspondingly appear psychological imbalance and exacerbate risks such as excessive fitness.
Periodic training is a training program that changes the amount of training, intensity, and choice of movement in an orderly manner, which enables the bodybuilder to show the best performance in a particular period. For example, at the end of the season, in order to eliminate physical and mental fatigue, athletes often take a few weeks of vacation before the new season, which is called the transition phase. And the removal of training stimuli is too long, and athletes often experience a physical decline at the end of the transition period.
Although athletes will maintain low-intensity training during the transition period, the decline in physical fitness is still inevitable.
A thesis “The detraining effects of complete inactivity” of the Department of Sports Science of Yogyakarta State University states that the two most common reasons for athletes to stop training are first because of injuries, and secondly, the transition period is too long
Rehabilitation training after a suspension is often not performed in the usual muscle hypertrophy and strength training. Instead, an anatomical adaptation period AAAB was added.
In simple terms, it is to spend the previous period more slowly, to gradually stimulate muscle groups and connective tissues, to improve the sensitivity of the nervous system, and to prepare the body and the mind for successive heavy loads.
The five phases of periodic training include:
- Anatomical adaptation period, or progressive training just after beginning or long absence;
- Muscle hypertrophy, the purpose is to increase the cross-sectional area of the muscle;
- Maximum strength period, the purpose is to increase muscle tone and density;
- During the special muscle strength conversion period, the increased muscle strength is converted into sports-specific muscle strength;
- During the transition period, the goal is to recover and regenerate before starting another phase.
In a nutshell, AA is a “soft start” for subsequent high-load training.
The common method of AA is circular training, because its structure is orderly, and it can train each muscle group alternately. Improve muscle strength and muscle endurance while improving cardiopulmonary endurance. Cycle training can use different tools to set up sub-station training, such as weight, elastic band, medicine ball, dumbbells, barbells, or fixed equipment. The trainer can choose the beginning level and the training period according to his physical fitness level, or gradually start from a high number (such as 20 times) to a low number A8Z10 times). The training intensity is “slightly uncomfortable.”
Four recommendations to resume training:
- Psychological correction: fitness enthusiasts should not over-expect, restore short-term physical fitness levels, too fast advanced operations and use of heavy loads are representative of the risk during the recovery period;
- Avoid explosive training: Explosive training has higher requirements for the trainer’s muscle strength, bone and joint stability, and nervous system sensitivity, which is inconsistent with the current situation of masked oxygen consumption and low physical fitness when wearing a mask;
- Low to moderate aerobic is appropriate: inadequate oxygen uptake and increased coronary heart disease risk rating, high-intensity exercise will increase certain risks. It was mentioned in the Vol.13 issue of Jingjing Academy that wearing a mask can not improve the oxygen endurance indexes such as the maximum oxygen uptake and lactic acid threshold. At this time, it is more beneficial to choose a low-intensity, low-impact training method for a long time;
- Retirement of group fitness programs: CrossFit, offline group lessons, spinning bikes, and other sports that require high cardiopulmonary endurance. Coaches should retire from the curricula based on the current situation of blocked oxygen uptake and low physical fitness. Adapt to make the curriculum both effective and safe.